ZArchiver – is a program for archive management.
It has a simple and functional interface. The app doesn’t have permission to access the internet, so cannot transmit any information to other services or persons.
ZArchiver lets you:
- Create the following archive types: 7z (7zip), zip, bzip2 (bz2), gzip (gz), XZ, lz4, tar, zst (zstd)
- Decompress the following archive types: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz;
- View archive contents: 7z (7zip), zip, rar, rar5, bzip2, gzip, XZ, iso, tar, arj, cab, lzh, lha, lzma, xar, tgz, tbz, Z, deb, rpm, zipx, mtz, chm, dmg, cpio, cramfs, img (fat, ntfs, ubf), wim, ecm, lzip, zst (zstd), egg, alz;
- Create and decompress password-protected archives;
- Edit archives: add/remove files to/from the archive (zip, 7zip, tar, apk, mtz);
- Create and decompress multi-part archives: 7z, rar(decompress only);
- Partial archive decompression;
- Open compressed files;
- Open an archive file from mail applications;
- Extract split archives: 7z, zip and rar (7z.001, zip.001, part1.rar, z01);
- Start with Android 9 for small files (<10MB). If possible, use direct opening without extracting to a temporary folder;
- Multithreading support (useful for multicore processors);
- UTF-8/UTF-16 support for filenames allows you to use national symbols in filenames.
ATTENTION! Any useful ideas or wishes are welcome. You can send them by email or just leave a comment here.
Q: What password?
A: The contents of some archives may be encrypted and the archive can only be opened with the password (don’t use the phone password!).
Q: The program is not working correctly?
A: Send me an email with detailed description of the problem.
Q: How to compress files?
A: Select all the files you want to compress by clicking on icons (from the left of filenames). Click on the first of selected files and choose “Compress” from menu. Set desired options and press the OK button.
Q: How to extract files?
A: Click on the archive name and select suitable options (“Extract Here” or other).COLLAPSE
what is new
- improving the file thumbs loading;
- bug fixes
- expanded support of Android 11;
- fixed preview issue;
- clearing the temporary folder when exiting through the menu;
- updated 7zip to 19.00;
- updated unrar to 6.0.3;
- minor fixes.
- Android 11 support;
- direct files opening from archives;
- editing comments of zip archives;
- change the color of folders;
- installation of APKS, XAPK and Split APK;
Top 3 Play store Popular Reviews:
Great! It took me a moment to understand that, to compress multiple files, you don’t just long-tap them to select them (the usual way), but that you must first open the menu and tap “Multi-select” (maybe an example of developers thinking they must “reinvent the wheel?”). But the rest of the app is very well designed and easy to use. Well done!
- Paul Dallas
A compression/decompression utility that works. Small gripes: 1. I wish the author would provide a full drop-down menu rather than depending solely on context-dependent popup menus. 2. It would be nice if it were possible to freely select the destination directory to decompress files to. 3. Similarly, when compressing, it would be nice to be able to freely select the destination directory for the compressed file. 4. It will sometimes crash on my Huawei tablet, especially with large zip files.
- Abed Afridi
Working really great! I needed to copy files in android data folder. It worked smoothly. In other apps you can’t copy files in android data folder despite they’re being shown but whenever you need to copy some files, those android folders disappear. But in this app no matter at all.